Wednesday, August 30, 2017

We're going back to France. Yes, really.

"You're going back to France? But y'all were just there..." (in 2015, www.herewegoagain-france2015.blogspot.com


Few people really understand my obsession with Paris.  It's always first on my list of places I want to visit.  And husband and I both really enjoy travelling in France.  But I was willing to try something different in 2017 so we planned a trip to Greece.


Greece wasn't high on my list of destinations; I chose it because it was a place in Europe we'd never before visited.  We planned a 22 day road trip through Greece in May/June 2017.  But due to a death in the family, we cancelled.  We could have rebooked Greece for later on but I really wanted to get back to Paris.  I took the opportunity to plan this trip instead, with little objection from the husband.


Itinerary: 15 nights
Chartres (1 night)
Amboise (3 nights)
Beaune (4 nights)
Paris (7 nights)


Agenda:
Chartres Cathedral
Chateaux
Wine tasting
Picturesque towns
and Paris :)


Who: (long-suffering) husband and me


Car Rental: Auto Europe Hertz voucher pick up at CDG, drop off at Orly


Lodging:
Chartres: Mercure Chartres Cathedral Centre
Amboise: La Grange Amboise
Beaune: Air B&B
Paris: Air B&B


Off we geaux! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Doors and windows and hardware, oh my!

I really did take a lot of pictures of doors and windows and hardware. But somehow it wasn't enough... ...